Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hair Accessorie Industry

Go down 
+2
hugg1979
Hairbowfun
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairbowfun

Hairbowfun

The Hair Accessorie Industry Empty
PostSubject: The Hair Accessorie Industry   The Hair Accessorie Industry Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi all hope you are all well?

Well I thought it was about time I posted about our little bitchy industry and wanted to know how others felt about it?

I personally think it's getting very competitive almost to the point it's harrassment.

As we all know we all buy supplies from simular places and there are all types of bows but its how you put your own spin on things that sets us all apart we all have our strengths.

I got a email tonight from someone telling me i was copying someone through my website with no name or email attached telling me to basically give up because I am crap (what has this industry come to seriously)

I took myself off competitors fan pages ages ago because I have no interest in knowing what everyone is doing.
I don't have time to be looking at other peoples websites nor do I care.

there are a lot of bow makers on this site i really look up to and they are amazing and I could only dream of being that good hence (trace!)

So what I am saying is why cann't we all just realise we all have our own style and spin on things and why does it need to get bitchy.
I have no time for bitchiness in my life.
It deeply saddens me when people go to lengths to try bring you down when u honestly feel you are being honest and genuine we all have loyal customers and followings why cann't we just be happy with that.

I have never accused anyone of copying me and never will due to the belief of what I have said we all have our own spin on things and style if anything I look to the trends in the US and on Hip Girls to see whats happening and recreate.

I just want us all to respect each other for what we do. and see it as not a way to put someone down there is seriously room for everyone.
I have seen some amazing hair accessorie designers that are members here go from strength to strength and I think thats fantastic.

but please remember our respect, harrassment and bitchiness has no place as us as a mothers because do you think your mother or children would be proud of you when your trying to teach them respect and about bullying. no.

I am just so sick of everyone accussing everyone of copying. thats all
Back to top Go down
hugg1979

PostSubject: Re: The Hair Accessorie Industry   The Hair Accessorie Industry Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:37 am

I saw a post by someone on facebook about this recently. I am only new to this and I am only making bits and pieces for family and friends at this point in time.

I think it is really sad that people are getting nasty about things. There is more then enough room for everyone and as you pointed out things might look similar but they are completely different for everyone. Every maker has a difference colour preference, some sew things others glue everything, some use buttons and other embellishments, I am yet to see 2 the same.

I too go to Hipgirls to check out whats happening in the US and also find out great places to buy from over there too.

I really hope that this forum can continue un-bitchy....
Back to top Go down
Gena Leigh

PostSubject: Re: The Hair Accessorie Industry   The Hair Accessorie Industry Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:00 am

Jodie,

I am hurting reading this post by you! I am so sorry that this happened to you. Honestly, in all actuality, no one really 'comes up' with the design. If they think they do, chances are that someone else has done it before. You are correct in saying that it's just the way you put your 'spin' on it. If you don't want to be copied, don't post your work. Simple as that! Seriously though, this is school yard bullying and that person who emailed you has no right to make you feel that way. Go on creating what you will. How does this person know that you haven't been making this item for years? Some people are ferel and you just have to chalk it up to that.

That's my viewpoint and I think you are *GREAT*! Don't listen to this 'person' and just let it inspire you to get better and better!

Keep smililng! Smile

Gena
Back to top Go down
http://www.wholesalehairclips.com.au
Janine

PostSubject: Re: The Hair Accessorie Industry   The Hair Accessorie Industry Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:20 am

Hi Jodie,

You seem to have a run of bad luck lately. Hopeing things will look up for you soon.

I am proud that there has been no nastiness on this forum. We should realise that we are all different have different skills and ways of doing things. When I first started liked looking at what others made and tried to come up with something different to what they had done but using their work as inspriation.

I also make jewellery and so does my mother. Mum was so proud of a bracelet she had just made and I thought it looked familiar. I got out one of mine (that she had never seen) and compared it. They were idential patterns with different beads.

We would all love to beleive we invented the wheel at some point but chances are more than one person has probably come up with it too.

Hold you head high and the main thing to remember is that you know the TRUTH.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Janine
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
Katrina

PostSubject: Re: The Hair Accessorie Industry   The Hair Accessorie Industry Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 am

Hi Jodie,

I am disgusted and upset that this could happen. I agree 100% with all the other lovely ladies, we all make thing that are in someway similar with others but you are right in saying it's the way we put our own spin on things. I just can't imagine how anyone could do such a thing, it should just reinforce you more in what you are doing is great as they want you to stop as you are doing a much better job than them and they can't handle it. You just keep going and try not to take notice of such bullshit (sorry about the language) but Its really upset me to hear this, they are just jealous that you are doing a much better job and they feel threatened by you . I really hope that it was no-one on this forum (I really don't think it would be as everyone is always supportive of each other) , we all look up to you one's that have been doing this for so many years, you are such an inspiration to us all. I have no idea what your website is but I am sure you do an amazing job and just keep going. You and any other bow makers are more than welcome to join my fan page as I am not threatened by anyone else as we are all hear to help each other and to offer our support to each other. I think no matter weather things look the same, similar or different there is enough room for us all

Love to you and hope that you know how many people support you and all you do.

Take care Katrina xx
Back to top Go down
Chantilly

Chantilly

PostSubject: Re: The Hair Accessorie Industry   The Hair Accessorie Industry Icon_minitime1Mon May 31, 2010 11:48 pm

I was just popping by to see what everyone has been up too and came across your post. What a shock that must of been receiving such an awful message. Like the other girl's have said, you know the truth and know that your designs come from within yourself. Unfortuantely it is a pretty competitive and bitchy business but my gosh, just look at the fashion industry itself. Everyone has different styles of things they like to purchase and the same goes for hair accessories. Some may like yours and others may like someone elses. Honestly, take it like water off a duck's back and use it as motivation to succeed in your business.
Big hugs xo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChantillyBowtique.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hair Accessorie Industry   The Hair Accessorie Industry Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Hair Accessorie Industry
Page 1 of 1