Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
trentrenee

What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Empty
PostSubject: What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use?   What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 am

Hi all as i am just starting out i was wondering if everyone could share a tip with me, whats you best tip on making hair clips? I also want to know what glue you all use i have tried a hot glue gun but found after a few days it peels off? Am i doing it wrong?
You tips would be muchly appreciated! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janine

What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use?   What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:44 am

My best tip is "Watch your fingers". They get burned and glued a lot.

I use E6000 to line clips but hot glue to put the clips together. Whenever it is ribbon on ribbon I use hot glue.

If you glue is peeling so soon you are either using a low temp glue gun or not waiting long enough for it to get hot. The hotter the better.

The best investments are a good high temp glue gun (try bunnings or a hardware), good sharp scissors and a wood burning tool.

Oh - another tip "hide your scissors" from kids and husbands. Mine know it could be death to touch Mummy's good scissors. LOL I tie a piece of ribbon to my scissors so I can always find them.

Good luck

Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
trentrenee

PostSubject: Re: What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use?   What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:29 am

Thankyou so much they will be very helpful tips. The E6000 is that glue? Do i get that from a craft supplier? I will have to also invest in the wood burning tool at the moment i use a ligther.

Thankyou again for the helpful tips!

Back to top Go down
MissPepper

MissPepper

PostSubject: Re: What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use?   What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 am

I use E6000 too...I have found it stronger then the glue gun glue. I buy mine off ebay brand new.. Smile

Back to top Go down
trentrenee

PostSubject: Re: What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use?   What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Will jump on ebay now and have a look thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use?   What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:02 pm

E6000 is Industrial Strength Glue.

Google it. You will find a few places that sell it. Prices vary a lot so check around. I bought 6 last time so have not searched for some for awhile.
Back to top Go down
mylilhobbi

PostSubject: Cool, Im a newbie too   What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:47 am

ok so I found the e6000 on ebay, cool as its a tube glue. Do I need to use it like a super glue where its quick drying and I will glue my fingers together or is it something I glue with and then leave to dry.

Thanks, Joy
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use?   What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:17 am

I also stock E600 since this thread started. $12 plus postage. E6000

E6000 takes about 1hour to dry enough to leave it in place and about 24 hours to cure. You may get lots on your fingers but you won't glue your fingers together.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use?   What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What's your best advice for making hair clips? And what glue do you all use?
Page 1 of 1