Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello, how exciting!!

Go down 
+3
Chantilly
Tracey
somethingforbella
7 posters
AuthorMessage
somethingforbella

Hello, how exciting!! Empty
PostSubject: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 am

Hi there,

My name is yasmin, I have four boys, YES BOYS, 8, 5, 3 and 10mths.

I started my business back in march after a visit to my brother in sydney and seen all of his daughters, bows, clips, layered bows and headbands. I loved them soooo much and found his wife imported them all from America. I looked around on the net and seen there was a market for it here in aus especially in Tassie. I then attempted to make a few bits and pieces and found...............I COULD DO IT cheers and I LOVED doing it Very Happy

I got so much great feed back and everyone loved my stuff so now I have a website called somethingforbella.com I sell on Ebay and Etsy and facebook and wholesale locally and in our shop front at our petrol station. I now have a back log of orders am doing a happy dance but all am alittle stressed at why did I feel the urge to create more work for myself when my plate is already full!!

oh well it is a distraction from the kids and the businesses.

cheers
yasmin www.somethingforbella.com
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Hi Yasmin,   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:43 am

thanks for joining out forum,

just went and had a look at your sit and it is beautiful, I understand what you mean did you really take on more I am like you with 4 children Brianna 16, Dillon 12, Jorja 5 and Hudson 4 and I just dont have time to do anything. I am in the middle of 200 korkers for an order and I hate making these!

I find that it is very acddictive to buy more and more ribbon,flowers and so on, I just carnt help myself.

Trace
Back to top Go down
https://ribbonbowsandbling.forumotion.com
somethingforbella

PostSubject: lol!! we sound very similar   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:17 am

Hi tracie, my youngests name is Hudson too!!

I cant help myself with buying buying buying too, so many pretty things to make, so little time!\

yas
Back to top Go down
Chantilly

Chantilly

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:27 am

Hi Yasmin, welcome! 4 boys! Wow, I think I'd be making bows too just to get my girly fix!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChantillyBowtique.com
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:31 am

Hey Yasmin,

how old is your Hudson? my boy just turned 4 in July and is my youngest. He is my angel as 18 mths I nearly lost him to meningococcal and meningitis so I am very lucky to have him. To see him in a coma was heartbreaking, no he is full of beans and keeps me constantly on my feet chasing him around

Trace
Back to top Go down
Chantilly

Chantilly

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 am

Tracey wrote:
Hey Yasmin,

how old is your Hudson? my boy just turned 4 in July and is my youngest. He is my angel as 18 mths I nearly lost him to meningococcal and meningitis so I am very lucky to have him. To see him in a coma was heartbreaking, no he is full of beans and keeps me constantly on my feet chasing him around

Trace

Gosh, Trace how awful that must have been for you and your family. I'm glad that he's made a full recovery. Meningococcal is so scary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChantillyBowtique.com
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Meningococcal   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:08 am

Yes never felt so helpless in my life to have my son laying there in a coma and nothing I could do. I was so lucky as I just thought that he was trying to sleep off a virus until a few hours later when he had a convolsion on me, so I rushed him straight to the hospital. He was even in pain when I was carrying him into the emergency department from the infection in the fluid in his spine and brain.

I never thought that I would know anyone with this let alone my son end up with it. Now I know all syptoms and would never chance any of my children being sick, I always take them and get them checked out now.

We were just so lucky that I got him to the hospital when I did as I would have never forgiven myself if something had happened to him

Trace
Back to top Go down
christie78

christie78

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi Yasmin, welcome to the site. Can't wait to get to know you all better and wrap the whole world in bows!

Lots of warm welcome hug!
-Christie
Back to top Go down
http://www.bowtique.com.au
somethingforbella

PostSubject: thanks   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi thanks christine
My hudson is 10mths old. A joy atm. Yes, a girly fix is exactly it!! I am a girly girl too so it is a great release!!

I am so happy that your hudson is ok, unfortunately for my cousin, her 11month old boy died while he was in that coma you were talking about tracie. It was devasting and the hospital kept sending her home in the weeks before he slipped away Sad

yas
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:20 am

Welcome Yasmin,

4 boys OMG. I am such a girly girl I would go stir crazy not to mention 4 kids. Seems 4 kids is a bit of a common thing with the ladies so far on this forum.

I have 2 girls Miranda 6 and Heather 4. Heather will be a school next year so I will have a little more time to promote my website.

I am so glad that we can all meet and chat like this (about Australian issues and such) instead of being on the end of US converstations. Not that they are all bad but the CPSIA thing over there is crazy. I am all for looking after the kids but some politians just don't know when to stop.

Janine
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
Cheryl

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:42 am

same, the cpsia is scary and having to do batch number and lead testing is getting a bit to much.

Great to have a group of Aussie girls with the same interest, I'm on the move and slowing my bow making until fully relocated and hope to do the markets as well as my website. I just have kept the name and will start again.

I packed away my sewing machine and overlocker, but no one is allowed near my ribbons.
Back to top Go down
somethingforbella

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 am

Hi cheryl I was wondering what CPSIA is? sorry b/feeding atm so 1 hand typing Cool
Back to top Go down
Cheryl

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:26 am

cpsia is Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act (had to look that on up)

From my understanding , is that all products sold to anyone 12 or younger has to be tested for lead and other substances.
Back to top Go down
RUBES

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:38 pm

G'day Yasmin,

Welcome to the BOYS CLUB Laughing . I've got 4 boys (5 including our nephew who lives with us) and 1 little princess.

Look forward to getting to know you & your bows Smile

Cheers Rubes flower
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi Cheryl,

Where are you moving to?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
Cheryl

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm moving from Brisbane to Bundaberg.
Back to top Go down
somethingforbella

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:29 pm

Thanks Rubes

Wow you must be very busy too! Do you have a website Rubes? Maybe you have posted it somewhere I am making my way through all the posts! lol
Back to top Go down
RUBES

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:12 pm

No I don't have a website as I am still VERY new to all this lol, just my Facebook atm

MY FACEBOOK ALBUM

Cheers Ruebs flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, how exciting!!   Hello, how exciting!! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello, how exciting!!
Page 1 of 1