Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lining Clips

Go down 
+3
4lildarlins
Janine
Cheryl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheryl

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:28 am

I am using hot glue to line my clips and I saw this today in one of my yahoo groups and it got me thinking... Does anyone here use double sided tape to line clips and if so, does it work? Or do you use E6000 or something else.

I'm not sure about how to add link but it is called Klippy Kwik Liner from Rockin' Ribbons, if you want to google it.
Back to top Go down
Janine

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:38 am

I use E6000. I can't get the hot glue to look any good. Crying or Very sad

I am also a member of Rockin Ribbons yahoo group and have heard really good things about this for lining clips when you use hot glue. It is an invite only group but if you would like an invite let me know.

Rubes purchased one so maybe she will chime in on how it is to use.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
4lildarlins

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Hot glue for me .. I cannot use the E6000 without making a mess lol Janine!

I have tried the tape .. not sure of it's name now, the expensive super hold one anyway, and it was a much stickier slower process for me and tbh the hold was not as great.

I have not tried with the klip liner .. I looked but could not get how it would work .... bit slow on the uptake some days!
Back to top Go down
heartonyoursleeve

heartonyoursleeve

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:52 pm

I use hot glue, tried E6000 but I also make too much mess and can't stand the smell!! I've never tried the tape and would think it would take a lot longer than hot glue. I suppose whatever you get used to you end up doing faster and faster.

Janine - Would you mind sending me an invitation to the Rockin Ribbon yahoo group.

Thanks!
Tennille
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartonyoursleeve.com.au
Cheryl

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:30 am

Can I get an invite too, I want to know how this works and I hear they do some great buys.
Back to top Go down
Hairbowfun

Hairbowfun

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:19 am

for me its glue gun!
Back to top Go down
debbie

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:57 am

i use glue guns too, but was just thinking about the double sided tape, i wonder how well it would hold? i'm sure it would make the ribbon sit nicely though.

i would love an invitation to the rockin ribbons group too please Janine Smile
Back to top Go down
RUBES

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 pm

I use Hot Glue.

As Janine said I bought the KKL and FINALLY had a chance to use it 'properly' the other night and found that it did help make lining quicker.

When I first got it I was using up some velvet that I had and it wasn't to good, spoke to Paula and she said it was because of the velvet 'dust. So if you buy one GG is best lol.

Oh and the double stick tape is used to make the lining almost 'hands-free'. The most tedious part would be cutting & sealing the ribbon lol.

HTH.
Back to top Go down
debbie

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:46 pm

thanks for that rubes. sounds good!

can you attach a photo of both clips so we can see the difference? ie one lined with hot glue and one with the tape? please Smile

what sort of double sided tape did you use? and where can you buy it locally?

many thanks,
debbie
Back to top Go down
RUBES

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:30 pm

The clips aren't lined with the tape, it's used to hold the ribbon whilst you are gluing.
Back to top Go down
debbie

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Embarassed sorry, i completely misunderstood!

but it would be cool to line clips with tape wouldn't it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lining Clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lining Clips   Lining Clips Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Lining Clips
Page 1 of 1