Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Janine

Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Empty
PostSubject: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:13 am

I was wondering what everyone used/preferred or what customers request most often.

As a Mum I much prefer bows on barrette clips. They don't come out (should I say taken out and lost) as easily as alligator clips.

If I think a bow is on the heavy side I use barrette clips. And any bow more than 5cm or so I put on barrette clips. And I always put korkers on barrette clips as that is how I like them. But of course it is not always about what we like.

I would love to hear everyone's experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
LolaRose

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:17 am

I love alligator clips - barrette's i havent used so much but I don't like them so much.

the women that buy off me wholesale prefer alligator clips - they've always requested them when they have the option Smile
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:25 am

Can I ask what is it about barrettes you don't like? It is good to hear other people's views.

I wear barrette clips in my hair every day. Except when it is in a pony and guess what I cover the elastic with a curved barrette.

Do you use anything for non slip? I am on the end of a batch of gripzees I bought forever ago. The first lot that was sent to me the forgot the green international slip so they sent me a double lot. Not sure if it should get more or do something else?
Back to top Go down
4lildarlins

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:28 am

I did use Barrettes but now I use alligators ..

I think it is laziness on my account lol, but my customers love the increased verstality of the bows on alligator clips .. ie putting the on woven headbands as well as soft and and the ease of use for kids Smile Tbh the barrette was turning people off of buying them !
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:20 pm

I just dont like them cos I hate getting them stuck in my hair - so I wouldnt want my customers to do the same. I'm a bit of a sook though lol

I use a tube of silicon now for my non slip - it's fantastic and so much better than anything else Ive ever tried - it really make hair clips STAY IN too. If you look on my website www.prettythingsdistractme.com there's a link to our non slip clip video where my eldest shakes her head and that clip doesn't budge Very Happy

I've got a tutorial on it if you want a copy emailed to you if you're interested, but it's pretty easy to figure out Smile
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:12 pm

I would love a copy of the tutorital. My email is buyer@prettybeadedthings.com.au. I think I have the silicone but yet to try it out.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi Janine, email's on it's way!

It's not my tut though, I bought it from etsy but I figure why should you guys have to pay for it if I already have! LOL

I have others if anyone's interested.
Back to top Go down
RUBES

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:02 am

I use both depending on what I am attaching to them.

OOOH FREE TUTES...YES PLEASE. Send to jrmeyers@bigpond.com.

What others do you have?

Cheers Rubes flower
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:54 am

It's on it's way to ya, Rubes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RUBES

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:09 am

Thanks hun,

I have read about it and now it all makes sense lol.

BTW I can so relate to your email addy I get distracted by them too Laughing

Cheers Rubes flower
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:19 am

Is it a big no no to share tute's that we've purchased??

I was wondering if we could set up a tute exchange if you guys are interested, if it's allowed?

I have:

Scrabble Tile Pendant Tute
Braided Ribbon Barrettes
Spikey Bow Tute
Boutique Bow Made Simple (cos i suck!)
Loopy Surrounds made easy
And the instructions for the TNT templates

I also have some collage sheets for bottle caps and scrabble tile pendants Smile

Bec
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular   Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Alligator or Barrette clips - which is more popular
Page 1 of 1