Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bottle cap supplies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buster07

Bottle cap supplies Empty
PostSubject: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1Thu May 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi..I'm looking for a resin to make bottle caps with. I'm interested in hunting down some ET Lite but so far I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. If you know of any other suitable resin I'd love to hear from you too. TIA!
Back to top Go down
Buster07

PostSubject: Re: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1Thu May 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 am

Most people do not use liquid resin anymore. You can buy epoxy dots. These are like stickers you just put on top of the image.

As well as ET lite you can use Liquid glass (my preference).

Search for envirotex lite you can get it on e-bay.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
Buster07

PostSubject: Re: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2012 9:13 am

Just waiting on a delivery of epoxy dots..will see how they go. Might look into that liquid glass too..what's it like? drying time?
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1Tue May 15, 2012 1:01 am

The liquid glass take a few hours as it leave a good size dome. The epoxy dots are so much easier to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Buster07

PostSubject: Re: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1Tue May 15, 2012 10:25 am

My dots arrived today! Had a quick play between school pick up and dinner but noticed that the dots had come up a little on the edges of the caps by bedtime. They are supposed to be excellent quality so I'm thinking I must have done something wrong. Will try again when I get a chance....
Do y0u mind sharing where you get your liquid glass?
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1Wed May 16, 2012 3:15 am

I found with the dots no matter which ones I purchased they did not look as good as when I put liquid glass on them.

My supplier is out but search google for "aritocrat liquid glass" There are a few suppliers around.

Back to top Go down
Buster07

PostSubject: Re: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1Wed May 16, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks so much..these are the kind of tips I'm looking for! Will check it out now! xxx
Back to top Go down
Rosie2577

PostSubject: Re: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1Thu May 31, 2012 3:50 am

For resin you can try www.iresin.com.au she deals with resin made jewellery, but I have spoken to her about using the resin on bottlecaps, and she said the ICE resin can be used.

She is very helpful, so ask her some questions.
Back to top Go down
Buster07

PostSubject: Re: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1Thu May 31, 2012 10:32 am

Thanx Rosie!

I got myself a xyron sticker maker and the images are staying put really well with it! I'm still keen to try the resin though..I'm worried about kids trying to pull the epoxy dot caps apart.

Looks like I've got an few options now..Thanks again girls!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bottle cap supplies   Bottle cap supplies Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bottle cap supplies
Page 1 of 1