Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs

Go down 
+5
Megan10
Chantilly
Rosie2577
Janine
Tracey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tracey
Admin

Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Empty
PostSubject: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi Ladies,

okay today I have had a second email from one of my suppliers of a lady here in Australia who is sending pictures of my ribbons and resins and trying to get my designs copied. I dont know if she is a member here as I have check through the members list and carnt find her by name.

she bought items off me on ebay a couple of months ago and my ribbon supplier told here that I am their supplier for smaller orders in Australia and she should contact me. Well guess what I never go an email. But tonight when told that she had sent my pictures off my ebay and webiste to copy my custom made resins to match my ribbon gee and I am little piss off at the moment.

All the hard work and hours I have put into my business to think that she thinks she can just come and steal my designs. I know her name and have her email what do you ladies think that I should do about this. I once had a ribbon design offered to me and was contacted to be told that I couldnt have this design as it was a ladies design from the USA and I dropped the designs straight away. There is no way I would do this to someone. I am thinking of sending her an email and letting her know that I know what she has been up to. If you want to know the ladies name pm me and I will let you know as I wonder if she is starting up a wholesale site and someone here may know her.

Please let me know your advise it would be appricated

Trace
Back to top Go down
https://ribbonbowsandbling.forumotion.com
Janine

Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:55 pm

No one wants to deal with something like this. Contact her and tell there that she needs to design things herself.

The printers hopefully will not help her print off your designs. You paid for them they should be yours.

Glad the printers are knocking her back.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Hey Janine,

I have just sent you a message, it just really annoys me as I have worked so hard as you would know yourself starting my business up.

these are some of the picutres that she has sent asking for items to be made

Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Aoaa1111

I wonder if she is starting her own wholesale business but there is no need she should design her own ribbon and not try and copy someone else.

Trace
Back to top Go down
Rosie2577

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:29 am

Hey Tracey

You definitely have a right to be annoyed.

I think some people just have no morals when it comes to business and sometimes everyday life. As you said you dropped the ribbon design because it was someone else's, because you have morals.......this cannot be said for everyone.

Maybe you should name and shame her on here, to bring it the members attention.

Good luck with sorting it out!!!

Brooke

Back to top Go down
Chantilly

Chantilly

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:31 am

Oh gosh, how frustrating for you. There's nothing worse than people copying your hard work. I would probably contact her and just let her know what she is doing is wrong. Afterall these are your ideas and you have paid for them. Maybe if she knew that you were aware that she was copying you she might stop.

I think I may have told you about the lady that stole my picture off my website of my daughter modelling my bows. She was claiming they were her creations but promptly removed them when I told her that my daughter only models MY bows. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChantillyBowtique.com
Megan10

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:58 am

I can't believe that someone would do this (well you can as people just dont have morals anymore). After all the work you put in to get it copied is just a slap in the face really. I would email her and remain calm/professional as remember you are the better person here!! maybe it might give her a little scare!!

Nice resins by the way, might just have to pop over to your store tomorrow during sleep time and have a look around.

Back to top Go down
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:28 am

Hi Ladies,

I did send her through and email early today as she emailed me back in August asking if she could order some felt pieces from me, so I have told her that I was putting in an order today and if she would like some to let me know. I havent heard back from her as yet????

I am just so annoyed as working 15 ++ hours a day for someone to try and steal my designs is really annoying. does anyone here know of other sites that sell ribbon in Australia besides me, Janine and Gena? If you do would love the links to see if I can track her down, I wonder if she has a webiste somewhere out there?

Trace
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:07 am

I only know of the two on Facebook I sent you earlier. I tried to search for others but they all seem to be scrapbooking stores with only a bit of ribbon.

Someone else may have some other links.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
Megan10

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:39 am

I have seen a couple on facebook but I didn't "Like" or buy from them so may have another search for you when i get a chance. Am i looking for anything in particular or just wholesale sites?
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:45 am

Hi Megan and all ladies,

okay the ladies name is Angela Green and she is from Victoria so if anyone know of her or a site she may have I would love to know.

She has replied to my email earlier today so I might just sent her a polite email tomorrow and let her know that I know what she is up to.

If anyone knows of her can you please let me know

Trace
Back to top Go down
Gena Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:29 am

Hi Trace,

I am just sick to hear this! I understand your pain and frustration! I don't design my own supplies simply because I am not creative enough, and I know how much time it takes. These people who steal things are jerks and deserve any and all lashing you give them. I don't know this lady, but if I did, I'd be on your side. Sometimes these things can be handled amicably, but sometimes not. If I see anything like this in the future, I will let you know. Best of luck with it and if there's anything more I can do, please let me know.

Gena
Back to top Go down
http://www.wholesalehairclips.com.au
Katrina

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:32 am

Hi Trace,

You poor thing. We all know the hard work and dedication you put into your business and for someone to try and steal your designs is a disgrace. I have never heard of her but now we know her name we will well and truly stay clear of her. I know it's not the same but I recently had a lady steal one of my designs and I was devastated, because I put alot of effort into what I had made and she comes along and takes it just like that. She made herself well know on my facebook page by promoting her own bow business, something I would never do nor would I know any of you other wonderful ladies would. I have no problems with any bow ladies being on my page but just don't promote your own page trying to steal my customers...I am sure you would all agree. The only suppliers I have dealt with here in Oz are you Tracey, Janine and Gena Leigh, and you are all wonderful and a pleasure to deal with. I think we should all boycott her page if she is trying to set up wholesale, teach her a lesson

I hope you can resolve this Tracey and keep us up to date on how it all goes

Katrina xxx
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:15 am

Hey Chantelle,

OMG the Angela Green I am talking about also ripped you off with gymboree clothing. I just found out one of her nicknames and did a web serach for her and her old ebay ID is angelpepper100. So obviously she is a BAD person

Trace
Back to top Go down
Chantilly

Chantilly

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:57 pm

TRACEY! I just got your PM! I'm am in shock! Thank you for reminding me of her name. When you posted her name I thought it was familiar but couldn't put my finger on it because I only knew her ebay name - I wondered if she was a customer of mine but no, I was a customer of hers. If anyone comes across her, I wouldn't deal with her she is a thief. She will steal your money and you will get nothing in return. She ripped off many many people with her so called Gymboree ebay business. Thankfully I only spent about $20 but many others spent hundreds and didn't see one thread of clothing. I did ring her once and she was terribly rude and lied about postage. I often give people the benefit of the doubt and thought oh well it must have got lost in the post but when I found out about all the others that had been ripped off I was mortified. My advice to everyone is to only pay for things via paypal because at least you can get your money back. I paid by direct bank deposit (conveniently, her preferred method of payment) and didn't get it back.
Tracey, I'm so sorry that she is buzzing around your business. Hopefully she'll move on soon. x
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:43 am

are you talking about those cute ribbon prints you posted on here just a few months back?
I havent come across any fb pages with those prints but if I do I will defiantly let you know.
Did you end up finding out her FB page? When you do please let us know.
Well Im glad that I only know of you girls here in Aus that sell supplies and I defiantly know I wont be going to anyone else.

I am hearing about so many scammers and thieves out there on facebook now with one of the pages I admin and I'm getting sick of it. People are not trusting anymore and it is making it hard for those of us who are honest to get any business. I know my business has slowed down a lot.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cheekyjasmine
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi Natalie,

yes a couple of my custom ribbons and also matching resins. I added her on Skype to let her know that I know what she is up to but she wounldn't comfirm me.

She is such a scammer as Chantelle said she was selling Gymboree Clothing on ebay and alot of her customer never recieved their parcels and didnt get refunds. I think that I will email her today and let her know that I know what she is up to and she should stop and see if she replies

Trace

Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:02 pm

wow just googgled her ebay name and found this. She's trying to buy an account with high feedback

http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/ebay-paypal-accounts-sale/18822-re-ebay-accounts-sale.html
Back to top Go down
Rosie2577

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:26 am

WOW!!! You can buy an account with high feedback to fool people??!!! Am I understanding this right??

If so, that's unbelievable and such fraudulent behaviour.
Back to top Go down
beck

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:12 am

wow, I will be keeping my eyes peeled for her! what a piece of work!
oh and buying an ebay acc!? I cannot believe you can do that! Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:16 am

well I can tell you now that I dont trust ebay anymore.
Back to top Go down
Chantilly

Chantilly

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:09 pm

my gosh! I can't believe you can buy a good feedback ebay account! That is just revolting!
Oh and Trace, don't hold out hope that she'll contact you, she runs and hides. Hopefully she'll move on to something else soon. Or grow a conscience.
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:01 am

Hey Ladies,

okay I have found her website so if anyone here wants to know the website to stay clear of her incase of getting ripped off please email or message me

Trace
Back to top Go down
Natalie

Natalie

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:53 am

sent you a pm Tracey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs   Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Starting to get really annoyed with a lady who is trying to copy/steal my designs
Page 1 of 1