Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Displays for markets

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chantilly

Chantilly

Displays for markets Empty
PostSubject: Displays for markets   Displays for markets Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:13 am

Hi girls, this is a question for those of you that do markets. Do you display any of your products on a manniquin or doll to give people an idea of what things will look like. I've been doing a search for a child head manniquin but everything is bald! I was just wondering if I should just get one of Holly's dolls and and sit her up on the table wearing a headband or something. I'm a very visual person and if I'm buying something at a market I like to see what it actually looks like when worn. Any thoughts or ideas? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChantillyBowtique.com
Rosie2577

PostSubject: Re: Displays for markets   Displays for markets Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:57 am

I'm doing a school fete in October and was thinking about doing the same with dolls, but I thought people might then think that the headbands/bows etc are for dolls instead.

For mannequin heads with hair, maybe you could try a place like hairhouse warehouse (you know the hair care places in the shopping centres), I'm not really sure.
Back to top Go down
Chantilly

Chantilly

PostSubject: Re: Displays for markets   Displays for markets Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:51 am

Mmm...you're probably right. I didn't think of that. I'll check out what you suggested. Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Displays for markets   Displays for markets Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:08 am

I purchased off E-bay a hair cutting practice head. It clamps to the table. I use it to take photos of bows and clips sometimes. Should get it out again. LOL

I did have to cut the hair the first time to make it straight across the bottom but otherwise it looks good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
debbie

PostSubject: Re: Displays for markets   Displays for markets Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:16 am

I use lots of photos in my market display. Its give people a very real visual of what the item looks like on! You have so many beautiful photos of your stock, I suggest just popping them in a simple frame and scatter them around the table near the items.

I sometimes think the mannequins look a little bit creepy Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Chantilly

Chantilly

PostSubject: Re: Displays for markets   Displays for markets Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 am

Thanks girls. I like the idea of displaying them with photos. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Michelle

PostSubject: dolls   Displays for markets Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:55 am

I use both, I have photos and I use Holly's baby bjorn to display my baby products and an Australian girl doll for hair clips and things (when it's not to windy as she stands up.) I find the baby bjorn useful as some people need to see how cute the bigger bows and flowers look.

Michelle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Displays for markets   Displays for markets Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Displays for markets
Page 1 of 1