Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Idea's for storage?

Go down 
+6
LolaRose
4lildarlins
kelbel
Cheryl
christie78
Hairbowfun
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairbowfun

Hairbowfun

Idea's for storage? Empty
PostSubject: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:44 pm

As my new found hobby develops i find myself with no where to put my gear any suggestion?
would anyone also have a easy way to curl my ribbion how do i do that I have an idea in my head but no idea how to do it?
Back to top Go down
christie78

christie78

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:49 pm

I recommend Ikea kitchen solutions - the wall mounted stuff is great for organising ribbons!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bowtique.com.au
Cheryl

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:19 am

I have a shoe rack it is a tall one with poles that I put the ribbon on. I'm always looking for more ideas about store and how to keep it all neat and tidy.

Cheryl
Back to top Go down
christie78

christie78

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:22 am

My biggest thing is keeping the ribbon ends organised... I have tried pins, tape... Any other suggestions? It drives me mental as I am a HUGE neat-freak!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bowtique.com.au
Cheryl

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:31 am

I have little pins that are about 1cm long, so far they have worked the best for me. But can be a pain to keep unpinning and re pinning.
Back to top Go down
kelbel

kelbel

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:08 am

I use a snap clip on the end of the ribbon, it works perfectly for me!
Back to top Go down
4lildarlins

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:27 am

Same as kelbel, I use the small baby snap clips:)
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:32 am

I use pins to keep my ribbon's neat on the ends and they're going up in a cupboard on dowel this week - whenever hubby gets some motivation!

I'm lucky to have a new baby, so I'm using altered/decorated formula tins to keep embellishments, ribbon off cuts etc in - also some clear chinese containers and woven baskets.

I don't think there's ever an easy solution to this mess - my office is spotless one day and completely wrecked the next.
Back to top Go down
mylilhobbi

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:12 pm

I am with the others, I use a snap clip to keep the ends organised, however I am also new so my collection of ribbon isnt that grand yet.

Hope this helps, Joy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:13 am

For small amounts of ribbon I use tape and put them in the flat fishing tackle boxes from K-mart. They have removable dividers so you can divide them any way.

You can also get these little boxes that are 10mm wide from scrapbooking shops. They hold about 2m of ribbon.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
Rosie2577

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:44 am

I tidied/organised my ribbon last night. I currently keep it in a big plastic storage container, and the rolls were just loose. I had some spare dowel so sorted them into colours and then put a bulldog clip on the end so they wouldn't slide off, and then just laid the dowels down in the storage box. Not the best idea, but I just couldn't stand it anymore, when trying to find a spool of ribbon.
My husband and I LOVE!!! IKEA, so don't need an excuse to go shopping there, just have to remember to keep an out for the kitchen solutions range.
Back to top Go down
lovebeingamummy

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:04 am

Cheryl wrote:
I have little pins that are about 1cm long, so far they have worked the best for me. But can be a pain to keep unpinning and re pinning.

where do you get these pins from i have some ribbon i bought that came with them in and they work great. can i get them at any craft store or Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea's for storage?   Idea's for storage? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Idea's for storage?
Page 1 of 1