Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I am so not ready to open up shop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Natalie

Natalie

I am so not ready to open up shop Empty
PostSubject: I am so not ready to open up shop   I am so not ready to open up shop Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:42 am

I was supposed to open in April, well that was my plan.
I still have so much to do on the website, I am stuck on what to write in the 'about me' section and in the shipping & returns policy. I'm still working on my set out, & I still have to buy my domain. currently Im on weebly & will defiantly buy my domain before I open shop. I'd love to get some feedback on how I can improve my site but I still have so much to add to it & Im shy at how its looking so far lol.
I still have to get photos taken to put up but its been raining here in Sydney and cant get the pictures I want. I did get some cute photos of my kids yesterday wearing a headband & the crochet hat I made but only with my mobile phone so they are not the best quality. My product photos are looking a bit sad because I have to hurry and take the pictures before my almost 2 year old son Jamie (he's in my avatar) gets in the way. Its almost impossible to do anything with him AND HE WONT NAP ANYMORE Mad I still have so many things to make that I want to sell. Hair clips were not ment to be the main item but somehow I got hooked & left everything else till the last minute. I've got so much to do but I'm finding it so hard with my monster child.
ok sorry for the post, just felt like I needed to get this out in writing & that way maybe I can have you all hurrying me up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cheekyjasmine
Janine

I am so not ready to open up shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am so not ready to open up shop   I am so not ready to open up shop Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:03 am

Hi Natalie,

The best thing to do with your "about me" section is start with points and then try to turn them into sentances. I have "improved" mine many times. A lot of tweaking.

As for the postage and handling feel free to copy mine and make your own changes. At least it gives you a place to start. PBT - Postage and Handling.

It will take search engines awhile to find you and capture your items. Just get your website set up and slowly add your items as you get good pics. A good pic says a thousand words. Unless you already have a big following of customers it will take a bit to get people to find and buy from you. Use this time to get things listed.

Once you have your domain sorted let us all see what you have done.

Good luck
Janine
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au

I am so not ready to open up shop
Page 1 of 1