Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

making korker ribbon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hugg1979

making korker ribbon Empty
PostSubject: making korker ribbon   making korker ribbon Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2010 2:19 am

I decided today to give it ago making some korker ribbon, how long and at what temp do you bake your ribbon at?
Back to top Go down
Gena Leigh

PostSubject: Re: making korker ribbon   making korker ribbon Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2010 10:38 am

I usually go 125 degrees C for 25 min. However, you want to keep an eye on it depending on the brand of ribbon you're using. I find the whites and light colours of the Yama tend to turn brown if you have the temp too high for too long.

HTH,

Gena
Back to top Go down
http://www.wholesalehairclips.com.au
hugg1979

PostSubject: Re: making korker ribbon   making korker ribbon Icon_minitime1Tue May 18, 2010 11:17 am

thanks Gena, I tried some this afternoon and it looks good. I have read about people starching them before baking, do you do that?
I only made a small batch, hubby is getting me some more dowel tomorrow when at work, can't wait to make some clips with them!
Back to top Go down
Gena Leigh

PostSubject: Re: making korker ribbon   making korker ribbon Icon_minitime1Wed May 19, 2010 4:15 am

Yes, I sometimes do before I bake and sometimes after. It just depends on my mood. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.wholesalehairclips.com.au
hugg1979

PostSubject: Re: making korker ribbon   making korker ribbon Icon_minitime1Wed May 19, 2010 6:35 am

do you find it keeps a curl better with starch?
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: making korker ribbon   making korker ribbon Icon_minitime1Wed May 19, 2010 9:15 am

I have found it depends on the ribbon brand to how long you need to bake the ribbon for, Yama I bake only for around 15 mins on 160 degrees, but the ribbon that I use is a lot softer than the Yama ribbon and give a fluffier looking korker (if you know what I mean) and this ribbon I bake for 20mins

I have never starched my korkers and find the stay curly no problems.

I also found with the Yama if you bake red and white together it will turn the white ribbon into pink

Trace
Back to top Go down
https://ribbonbowsandbling.forumotion.com
hugg1979

PostSubject: Re: making korker ribbon   making korker ribbon Icon_minitime1Wed May 19, 2010 9:20 am

thanks for the info! I can't wait to bake some more. Hubby have brought me some dowels home from work and I am experimenting with different dowel sizes, bit of fun
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: making korker ribbon   making korker ribbon Icon_minitime1Wed May 19, 2010 9:22 am

you can also try making the korkers out of 6mm ribbon this is really cute especially for little girls

Trace
Back to top Go down
https://ribbonbowsandbling.forumotion.com
Hairbowfun

Hairbowfun

PostSubject: Re: making korker ribbon   making korker ribbon Icon_minitime1Sat May 22, 2010 7:42 am

Tracey wrote:
you can also try making the korkers out of 6mm ribbon this is really cute especially for little girls

Trace

Hey Trace,
I will have to email you about getting some ribbon you use for your korkers as I totally love yours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: making korker ribbon   making korker ribbon Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

making korker ribbon
Page 1 of 1