Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just starting out need help! PLEASE!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
trentrenee

Just starting out need help! PLEASE! Empty
PostSubject: Just starting out need help! PLEASE!   Just starting out need help! PLEASE! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 am

Hi i have just started making hair accessories and have a few questions, which i hope arnt stupid!

With the ribbon what do i do with the ends once cut? I hear people say heat seal! Can someone please explain?

Also interested to know how people cover the snap clips?

im sure i will have more questions soon

thankyou for your time Wink

Oh one more thing once i have covered my button how do i put it onto a hair tie?
Back to top Go down
Gena Leigh

PostSubject: Heat seal and covering snap clips   Just starting out need help! PLEASE! Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:21 am

Hi Renee,

I heat seal with a lighter. It does take some practice, but I find that it works best (but only when there is no breeze!). I cut my ribbon with the sissors and then quickly run the lighter down the edge of the cut. I do have a woodburning tool and usually use that for cutting and sealing korker ribbon, but usually end up getting burned. I got my tool on ebay.

With covering snap clips, it depends on the size. The small 30mm skinny ones cover easily withe a piece of 10 or 12mm ribbon. Glue on each end and in the middle, run under the prong. Or you can use 6mm and wrap them, but I've never been able to perfect this technique!

Don't know about the buttons, so someone else will have to field that one!

Gena
Back to top Go down
http://www.wholesalehairclips.com.au
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Just starting out need help! PLEASE!   Just starting out need help! PLEASE! Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi,

Hip Girl Clips This link shows how to wrap the clips.

I use a wood burning tool to do everying. It get very hot so you want to do it when there are no kids around. Or use a long handle lighter. I like those as you can keep the flame further from your fingers. I also use matches in a pinch or if I have one thing to do.

With buttons you just need to put the hair band through the shank and loop it through itself. Did you ever do latchhook. Same thing. I use the metal backed buttons. If you have plastic backs you may only be able to use thin hair ties.

If you need a pic let me know and I will take one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
bdalilbomb

bdalilbomb

PostSubject: Re: Just starting out need help! PLEASE!   Just starting out need help! PLEASE! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:53 am

I just checked out that site too and its great. I have bought clips covered in felt (like the embellishments they sell) does anyone know how 2 do this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just starting out need help! PLEASE!   Just starting out need help! PLEASE! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Just starting out need help! PLEASE!
Page 1 of 1