Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going crazy!

Go down 
+5
MissPepper
RUBES
Janine
Tracey
LolaRose
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LolaRose

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:28 am

I have a Christmas Craft Fair next Saturday and am working my butt off making stock for it - wow, I have never been so tired, busy, inspired and exhausted all at the same time!

I hope this is worth it in the end - I miss my hubby, and my children Sad
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Admin

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:49 am

yes i hate being under the pump like that, you seam to never stop,

I am sure it will be great on the day and you will make lots of $$$$

Trace
Back to top Go down
https://ribbonbowsandbling.forumotion.com
Janine

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:09 am

Good luck for your show. Now take a deep breath and get back to it.

Janine
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
LolaRose

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:34 am

thanks girls - grr am out of clips - I have 500 coming, fingers crossed they come early next week!
Back to top Go down
RUBES

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:48 am

Can I help you out with some? What type do you need?

Cheers Rubes flower
Back to top Go down
MissPepper

MissPepper

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:57 am

Good luck!!! I am sure that you will be ready in time! Smile Cant wait to hear how it goes!!
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:06 am

Wow I'm getting high off the fumes from putting the non slip bit on LOL
My lounge room is a brightly coloured MESS! Very Happy I love it.

PS got a new wholesaler tonight - yay me cheers
Back to top Go down
Janine

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Well done on the new wholesaler Going crazy! 264837
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
4lildarlins

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:00 am

You are not alone .. I have not been to bed before 3am except for one night which was 1230am, my house is trashed the washing is weeks behind etc etc ....

I still love it though .. I have a 7 - 10 day wait, and that with me now employing someone to work for me 4 hours per day cutting ribbons etc ..

Yes, I think it is worth it ... ask me agaian at 2am though lol.

Good Luck with the fair!!!
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:30 am

Gosh Chris your an inspiration - esp. with all you guys being sick Sad

I wish I was making enough money to employ someone - kudos to you!
Back to top Go down
4lildarlins

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:04 am

It is tight money wise, and she is a friend lol!

She does my school wholesale contracts now and only does a few hours. I have missed her this week, as being sick meant she could not be around us Sad I am so far behind now ;(

You will get there ..., you just need to get into the local market, and the sky will be the limit xxxx
Back to top Go down
debbie

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:50 am

Hi 4lildarlins, Do you do local markets? I have been *thinking* about them lately and were wondering if they were worth it?
Back to top Go down
4lildarlins

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:14 am

For me no not worth the effort at all Sad

Craft fairs yes absolutely .. I have fans who come to see me Smile, but the general markets no success at all and certainly not worth the effort ... I can make triple what I would make at the markets sitting at home and having a freepost special Wink
Back to top Go down
debbie

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:18 am

thanks for that! I would hate to waste my time.

So do you mostly sell through your website and facebook page?
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

The local markets here arent worth it either - we have to pay our own public liability insurance, market fees etc - I'd have to make $50 just to cover costs - so annoying!

The craft fair I'm doing I've never done before - we'll see how it goes - It cost $60 to do it for two days and I'm scared I'm not going to have enough stock - eek.

I sell heaps through facebook and my website - just my $0.02 LOL I know you didn't ask my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Hairbowfun

Hairbowfun

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:07 pm

I am doing my first markets this weekend I am very excited no idea how I will go just hoping christmas will be good for sales
I have got 3 wholesale customers in the last week and one for my jewellery so i am slowly picking up I am finding facebook to be my best advertising as i advertised in Essential child and it has done nothing to my sales!
Back to top Go down
4lildarlins

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:33 am

Def facebook, my website and word of mouth around Townsville for me.

I now have glandular fever, and have had to close twice now in the last 2 weeks, due to illness which is frustrating, but I think my body is telling me something Sad Do not get too run down girls Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
debbie

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:52 am

but how do people find out about your facebook page?

I am so sorry to hear about your glandular fever Crying or Very sad i had it for 3 years when i was a teenager. the only thing you can do is rest!
Back to top Go down
heartonyoursleeve

heartonyoursleeve

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:11 am

I'm feeling for you, but on the other hand am glad to know I'm not the only one!! I've just had 4 wholesalers put in massive orders and have just come off three weekends of markets (one market I did over $3,000 in four hours!) Markets are great for me, but obviously it depends on where you are.

At least I can now see a light at the end of the tunnel - I'll have an employee next year!! YAY!! Will be interesting to see how that goes as I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to my products, but it'll be great to have some help.

I hope you are feeling better soon and yes, I think your body does try to tell you things every now and then. Try and get some rest(!) and look after yourself.

Tennille
Back to top Go down
http://www.heartonyoursleeve.com.au
4lildarlins

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:37 am

Debbie : I just sent my page link off to my 200 friends and then they sent it on and so forth Smile Thank you for your kinf words!

Tennille : Holy CraP girl, I do not even take 3k worth of stock with me! How do you make that much stock?? Admittedly, I only really prepare for a market a day or two before hand as I just do not have the time with filling web orders. I too worried a lot about putting my friend on as I it all has my name on the line, but she is great so far, and is aware that I am an anal control freak and makes everything perfect Razz Not sure when I will get any rest. I still have 2 wholesale orders to finish man they are taking me ages too ;(

Thanks for you kind words.

Lola Rose .. I am dying to know how you went?
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:28 am

Wow - I only wish I could be that successful at my markets LOL I've got about 2K worth of stock to take with me Shocked I can't believe I actually made that much! I'm going to sit down and work out exactly how much I'm taking with me, tonight (well, what I've made so far - I'm still making)

Chris - the craft fair is this coming weekend - I can't wait!!! I'm really excited to see peoples reactions to my items - the online response has been fantastic so fingers crossed the IRL response is even better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4lildarlins

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:56 am

lola rose ... what is your facebook/website name and I will become a fan Smile
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:54 am

You already are hon I think - Pretty Things Distract Me... my name on facebook is Rebecca Catton Smile
Back to top Go down
4lildarlins

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:59 am

oh ha ha !! Yep been a fan for ages lol!!

Sorry get confused by everyone in here .. sorry ;(
Back to top Go down
LolaRose

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:04 am

LOL It's ok - I should probably change my name here to reflect it (this is my hipgirls name) LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Going crazy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going crazy!   Going crazy! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Going crazy!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next