Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gotta keep busy to keep business

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
somethingforbella

Gotta keep busy to keep business Empty
PostSubject: Gotta keep busy to keep business   Gotta keep busy to keep business Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi everyone

I have just had a little break from making any new bows and stock for my little display at our business. I was planning our big birthday bash and having family over. And it was so strange that one minute I could not get enough time to make all my orders and then I have only had one website order in the last probably 4 wks!!

But you know I dont even drag all my ribbons and clips out of a night anymore like I did for 6 months straight!! It's like I have lost a little bit of interest in it and just a little tired as well, So I guess I need to get my mojo backn Sad . It is funny it is like I need to keep myself out there to get the sales.

Sounds like no-one else is having a low at the moment, you all sound very busy

Cheers yas
Back to top Go down
4lildarlins

PostSubject: Re: Gotta keep busy to keep business   Gotta keep busy to keep business Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:02 pm

I am quiet website wise this week ... thankfully.

My wholesale is another story .. hence me here at 1am.

I do agree though, if I ma not having a promotion or posting regularly my website sales slow right down. If I do a 10% off for a night it goes crazy. I think everyone must just put off buying, knowing that something good is going to come along lol!

I was reassured greatly by Tracey that I was not alone, and whilst I LOVE it I have been thinking about taking a week off to. But then I wonder, as you say, will the clientelle drop off ??

Do you have family/friends/school you could sell too? Do you want to be that busy again??

I think in short I agree, just from my very limited dealings with the industry over the last 4 months ... I am hardly an expert!
Back to top Go down
somethingforbella

PostSubject: Re: Gotta keep busy to keep business   Gotta keep busy to keep business Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:25 am

Emm yeah Iam not sure I want to get busy again lol!! I know that it will just take prob a week of forcing myself to do something each night then I will get my "mojo" back but I think life is so busy atm that I can not get that motivation. We are trying to buy a new home atm, summer is here, need to get bus tax completed, need to GST ................and thats onto of 4 young kids!!!!!!!!!!it s crazy.

Would be very disappointed in myself if I let all my hard dedicated work go to waste though Sad
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gotta keep busy to keep business   Gotta keep busy to keep business Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:49 am

do you have a newletter on your webiste, as I find if you add new items of post a special out through the

newsletter people just love to buy when there is a special on as Yas said. Dont give up you have put too much

hard work in I am guessing like the rest of us. There have even been a couple of time where I have had so

much going on with orders and family I just also couldnt get motivated for a week or so.

Trace
Back to top Go down
https://ribbonbowsandbling.forumotion.com
somethingforbella

PostSubject: Re: Gotta keep busy to keep business   Gotta keep busy to keep business Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks for the encouraging words Trace xxx
Back to top Go down
somethingforbella

PostSubject: Re: Gotta keep busy to keep business   Gotta keep busy to keep business Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:29 pm

Yay!!!Finally I got my ribbons out yesterday and whipped out a view new items. Will post them in the something new area.

Yas
Back to top Go down
4lildarlins

PostSubject: Re: Gotta keep busy to keep business   Gotta keep busy to keep business Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:09 am

Yay cannot wait to see them !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta keep busy to keep business   Gotta keep busy to keep business Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Gotta keep busy to keep business
Page 1 of 1