Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Postage from the US

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheryl

Postage from the US Empty
PostSubject: Postage from the US   Postage from the US Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 am

I am sure almost all of us end up getting thing from there, but I want to know what postage rate you normally go for and how long it takes to get here.

I always end up having to get so much stuff, because I only what something small.

Cheryl
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the US   Postage from the US Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:49 am

Most times I buy enough to fit into their flat rate envelope which I think at the moment is about US$12.50 but as soon as it needs to go in a box you start paying a lot more. I ususally get things in about a week depending on the seller. So a week from when they send it.

Unfortunately for us some sellers add a fair amount extra for the inconvenience (oh sorry handing). As you can tell I have a bit of a problem with that. Sad Don't mind a $1 or so but sometimes it is $5 or more. I just got a parcel and was charged $7 more than it cost the seller to send to me. Isn't sending the item part of business.

Hipgirlclips is good as she works it out exactly and then sends you the cost plus about $3. Her prices are good so I don't mind.

Some sellers are really good and will send it not priority. Whatever that is called and it costs lots less. Their system is very confusing as they have all different types of postage.

Other than ribbon what were you looking to purchase. Maybe one of us knows somewhere to get the items here at a decent cost.

Sorry for the rambling.

HTH
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
Cheryl

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the US   Postage from the US Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:26 am

I have been doing for a while now, and get the priority flat rate, I have had two parcels sent first class and both took 12 weeks to get here, not sure if that is the norm or not, just seeing what everyone else is doing.
Back to top Go down
Janine

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the US   Postage from the US Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:28 pm

I have never had it take that long for a parcel unless it was sent their version of our seamail.

Unfortunately we can not really count on post arriving when we want or need it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
Cheryl

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the US   Postage from the US Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:28 pm

So how long does first class take, I have always ordered priority that way I know it will arrive in 6-10 days
Back to top Go down
Chantilly

Chantilly

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the US   Postage from the US Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:49 pm

First class international mail in my experience generally takes up to 10 days. Depending on who you are buying from of course. I ordered a huge lot of stuff recently and the seller sent it by Priority Mail and it costs so much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChantillyBowtique.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the US   Postage from the US Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Postage from the US
Page 1 of 1