Ribbon, Bows & Bling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for hair bow makers to learn tips, meet fellow bow makers and group buys

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Ribbon and Bow StudioRibbon and Bow Studio  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What I've been up to...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gena Leigh

What I've been up to... Empty
PostSubject: What I've been up to...   What I've been up to... Icon_minitime1Wed May 12, 2010 11:49 am

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to share what I've been up to lately. I was asked to donate something for an Autism Awareness Charity Dinner, so I wanted to share what I have submitted. All the chat lately in the US is about 'Bow Baskets' so I decided I would put together a 'Bow Bucket' and donate it. Let me know what you think. I got the Autism Awareness ribbon from Janine. Thanks Janine!

What I've been up to... Autism10

What I've been up to... Autism11

What I've been up to... Autism12

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Gena
Back to top Go down
http://www.wholesalehairclips.com.au
Janine

PostSubject: Re: What I've been up to...   What I've been up to... Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2010 1:10 am

Hey Gena - that looks fantastic.

What did you use inside the bucket? Was it oasis (florist foam).

I did up a bowquet for a friends daughter. My friend is a florist so I thought it was appropriate. But I found the sticks wobbled too much and left big holes in the foam.

I'd love it if you would share how you put it together.

Thanks
Janine
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarahlauren.com.au
hugg1979

PostSubject: Re: What I've been up to...   What I've been up to... Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 am

gorgeous! love it!
Back to top Go down
MissPepper

MissPepper

PostSubject: Re: What I've been up to...   What I've been up to... Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2010 9:27 am

That looks awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Gena Leigh

PostSubject: Re: What I've been up to...   What I've been up to... Icon_minitime1Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 am

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all of the compliments, I was pretty pleased myself!

Yes Janine, I did use Oasis (foam) for the interior. I made sure though that it filled most of the bucket. It was about 15-17 cm tall. I also made sure that the skewers I used (they were BBQ25cm x 4mm skewers) reached to the bottom of the bucket for stability. I also think that it helped putting them on an angle.

Anyhow, I hope I answered all of the questions, if not, let me know. Also, I brought it in my office today to give it to the rep and got another order out of one of my co-workers! It's excellent!

Have a great Friday!

Gena
Back to top Go down
http://www.wholesalehairclips.com.au
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I've been up to...   What I've been up to... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What I've been up to...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ribbon, Bows & Bling :: General Chat :: A place for all types of chatter-
Jump to: